From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use 5781 with XCVR2450 in 5G band?

Hello, all, 

I am having a problem about using PXI5781 with XCVR2450 in a 5GHz band. Right now it works in 2.4G band, but when I choose 5G band, it doesn't work. You have any experience with that? Or any available drivers, i.e. configure VIs? 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,813 Views)

Hi FengL1030,

If you were able to use the NI 5781 FlexRIO Adapter Module (FAM) with the XCVR2450, then you should have all the required software for this FAM installed. Page 2 of the NI 5781 User Guide provides a list of the required software and page 10 provides instructions for finding and using the LabVIEW FPGA example VI for this device. 

Can you provide more details about this issue? Such as what happens when your application works vs. when it doesn't work.

I'd also try contacting the Ettus Research support team, if you have questions specific to using the XCVR2450.

Regards,

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,748 Views)

Hello, thank you for your replay, and sorry about the very late reply due to some other issue. 

Right now, the 5781 is working on 2.4GHz, with 50MHz CLK out to drive XCVR2450.

I want to use it on 5GHz band, I have to chang the CLK out to 100 MHz and change other parameters. The output frequency is right, but the power is really small (-15dbm at most). I can only see the signal from spectrum analyer. 

I am guessing some amplifier configuration is not correst, but don't know how to debug. Actually I can find very little documents about either 5781 or XCVR2450. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,558 Views)

Hi FengL1030,

Did you have to change the NI 5781's waveform or any other settings for the NI 5781, when the XCVR2450 is switched to 5G mode?

Based on your description of the issue, it sounds like this is an amplitude issue from the output of the XCVR2450 and I’d recommend you contact the Ettus Research support team to ensure that you are configuring the XCVR2450 correctly.

Regards,

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,527 Views)