From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall Ni-DAQ

Hi,

I recently upgraded from LabVIEW 6.0.2 to LabVIEW 7.1. I want to install the version of Ni-DAQ that came with LabVIEW 7.1.
When I run the installation CD, it tells me that it can't install Ni-DAQ 7.2 because Ni-DAQ 6.8 is already installed, and that I should go to add/remove programs and uninstall Ni-DAQ 6.8.
Ni-DAQ 6.8 in not listed in add/remove programs, so how do I uninstall it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,216 Views)
If you go to the Add/Remove programs, select National Instruments Software. This will bring up an installer window where you can choose which particular piece of software you want to remove. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,206 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion.

If I go to "National Instruments software" there are only three items listed - NI LabVIEW 7.1, NI Application builder 7.1, and NI Runtime engine 7.1.

There is a "LabVIEW 6.0" item in add/remove programs. If I click on the "Change" button, a message pops up saying "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid".

I've no idea what this means but it looks like I can't uninstall Ni-DAQ 6.8 from here either.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,205 Views)
To fix the LV 6.1 issue, have a look at
this KB article.
I have not used LV6.1 but hopefully, NI-DAQ will be listed as part of this installation.
Message 4 of 5
(3,197 Views)
Excellent!
Was able to successfully uninstall Ni-DAQ 6.8 and install Ni-DAQ 7.2.

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,191 Views)