LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger a digital line?

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you, is there a way to use the counter as my timebase? 

If I understand correctly, the counter uses ticks or ms?  Is it possible to read out the counter then have an event occur?

Something like:

If Counter<= PO:4 HIGH

Else PO:4 LOW

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(766 Views)
If you can actually generate a pulse train with the counter but the relay won't operate, you probably just need a driver to supply enough current. Check the output with nothing connected.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(765 Views)

That may be what I have to do.

What I did yesterday was:

Wired (physically) CTR0 to AI1

In NIMax I chose Analog I/O, and selected AI1. Selected on-demand.

Right now, using the 'Counter-Finite Output.vi', I use the CTR0 to trigger a pulse: Frequency: 1; Duty Cycle: 0.50

Watching NIMax I see that the counter is operating properly, so that works...

I need to figure out how to keep the pulse HIGH for an certain amount of time. Not sure how I would go about that...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(761 Views)
By adjusting the frequency and duty cycle, you set the high and low time. It's an arithmetic problem.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(755 Views)

How to access gpio pins(sbrio 9606) from RT side.It is possibal?how? 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(732 Views)

How to access gpio pins(sbrio 9606) from RT side.It is possibal?how? 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(734 Views)

I think you posted in the wrong thread bub?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(731 Views)

There is 0-95 DIOS in sbrio 9606 apart from this there is 22 GPIO port which are connected to processor.i am trying to access this GPIO port(Not FPGA DIOs) from RT side.I am applying 5v across any one port pin now this 5v is act as a trigger for me when this 5v is detected on RT labview program i will do some proccess.can you plz tell how we can read this 5v inside RT program from GPIO(not FPGA DIOs 0-95) port pin? 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(714 Views)
asdsd33,

STOP trying to hijack this thread. Stick to the one you created. Any more posts here and I'll report you to the moderator.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(708 Views)