cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transferring contineously updating data from sub vi to main vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi sir 

I using one of below attached vi as a sub vi and transferring data from sub vi to main .During run time the data is updating sub vi but it is not tranferring to main vi ,is there any setting we need performed in labview for tranferring data from sub vi to main vi,curently i am using Lab VIEW 2013 Version.The blow folder i attached both Test main vi and Test Sub vi and dll call for sub vi.Its need full my M.Tech Project please give the sollution as early possible.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,875 Views)

Hi Shambhu,

During run time the data is updating sub vi

Correct.

but it is not tranferring to main vi

Correct. THINK DATAFLOW!

is there any setting we need performed in labview for tranferring data from sub vi to main vi

Yes. THINK DATAFLOW.

Don't use the indicators to transfer data to your main. Use a notifier or a queue instead…

please give the sollution as early possible

Was it early enough? 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,869 Views)

Thank you very much your replay..Please give me example programme code   how to use queue and notifier in sub vi to tranfer data from sub vi to main vi...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,859 Views)

Hi Shambhu,

sorry, had to edit/correct my post:

You will find examples on how to use queues in the example finder!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,852 Views)

Hi sir I am beginner in labview programming,please post me relevant code to transfer data  from sub vi to main vi.Thank you very much your replay...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,842 Views)

Hi sir I am beginner in labview programming,please post me relevant code to transfer data  from sub vi to main vi.Thank you very much your replay...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,841 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ShambhuH

Hi Shambhu,

when you are a beginner in LabVIEW I recommend to take the free online courses offered by NI on their website.

I also recommend to use the LabVIEW help and the ExampleFinder to learn usage of certain functions!

Btw. Using DLL callbacks and user-defined events isn't the perfect start for a LabVIEW beginner, how has problems to use rather simple notifiers/queues. Again I recommend to take the online courses!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,836 Views)

Another method is to pass a reference of your indicator to your subVI and update it using a property node. 

Another method is user events.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,793 Views)