LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test 10DUT simultaneously

dear all I am writing a test program for one to multiple (DUT),but I come across a problem. As below: I want to use one PC to test 10 DUT ,the 10 DUT is the same but only barcode is different. I have already written a test program for one DUT . Only can test one DUT. How to test 10DUT simultaneously and the 10 DUT barcode is different. Thanks. BestRegard hoover
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,272 Views)
That's sort of a big question and there is a lot of information missing. You will probably need some sort of test scheduler or executive, but the nature of what you will need is wide open.

Can these DUTs be tested in parallel?
How long does a test take?
What kinds of test equipment is needed?
How extensive is the testing?

And those are just some of the questions that need answering. There are many many ways to do what you want. Information please?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,249 Views)
Oh yes, one more BIG question. How long have you been using LabVIEW and what is your schedule?

(Ok, so that's two questions...)

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,247 Views)
What I use is TestStand. It has parallel testing built-in as an option.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,236 Views)
Dear mikeporter Thanks for you reply kindly. Can these DUTs be tested in parallel? Yes, DUT be tested in parallel. How long does a test take? Test about 30 minutes. What kinds of test equipment is needed? Didn't link any equipmnt,just send command and receive result through UART. How extensive is the testing? About 30 test items. BR hoover
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,194 Views)
Dear Mike I have been using labview for 1 year, if copy the one program for 10 times .can realize one PC to test 10DUT. If don't copy the program,i don't konw if have other method . Thanks. BR hoover
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,184 Views)
You don't need 10 copies of the same program. What you need is 10 instances of the same reentrant VI. The issues then becomes:

A. How do you launch N copies of the same VI (where in your case N = 10)?
B. How do you shutdown that many instances?
C. What does the GUI look like?

In terms of A, there are examples with LabVIEW showing the dynamic launching of reentrant VIs.

For B you want to have each top-level VI to be event-driven and have a single UDE (user-defined event) that stops everything, as I have demonstrated.

For C, there are a variety of choices. It depends on what the application needs.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,165 Views)
Do you have 10 separate USB-RS-232 adapters? Is there the possibility that you would test less than 10?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,154 Views)

I wouldn't recomment 10 USB2RS232 adaptors in a professional test rig. 3 industrial 4port  cards in a PC are much more reliable.

However the TO just wrote UART,    could be a REAL bus .... not point to point.

Next: Requirement on response time?

Scaleable?  maybe 20 DUT in the future... ( sorry, no,  not more than 10 drying tumbler in one lab 😉 )

Always the same test ?

My first idea: Have n (10) instances of the test - state - MC run by a master GUI....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,118 Views)