cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take snapshot from two usb camera at the same time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a project in which I have to take still pictures from two usb camera at the same time on various occasions and save it the in a particular direcltory. I am successfull in using one camera using " Camera Grab vi" , but I cant get it to work with 2 cameras, i am using flat sequence and 2 "Camerra Grab vi: with particular camera   in a sequence, but every time when i run the program I only get pic from  one camera, its seems one camera is dominating the other.

Please is there a way to use both camera simultaneously .Attached are the snapshot of my vi.

Thanks,

Ankit G

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,538 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitG

It looks like you're using the same reference for both of the camera grabs. Both camera snaps are happening but the second camera grab is writing over the first so it looks like only one is snapping. Try running the VI in highlight executiong mode (select the lightbulb icon four icons to the right of the run button on the block diagram). This will let you see the dataflow. In order to get both of these to snap you'll need separate references. You can try looking at one of our examples in the NI Example Finder to give you some more direction (LabVIEW>>Help>>Find Examples>>Browse Tab>>Hardware Input and Output>>IMAQdx>>High-Level>>Snap.vi). You can snap from two cameras at once if you just copy that code and duplicate said code.
(Note: If you modify the examples, always save them as a copy in a different location so that you don't save over the packaged example)

Blake C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,500 Views)

Thanks blake, I changed the reference and now its working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,467 Views)