LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch form using analog input for measure data to camera as way of maesuring in state machine?

Hi everybody.

I need help with my school project. I am supposed to use analog input and camera as way of measuring in state machine, but somehow i cannot find best way to do it. I have three ways of measuring the water level: analog input, camera, and mean value that can be calculated based on these two options. When waterl level goes over 90%, there is an indicator, and input valve is closed, and output valve is open, but when it goes below 10%, input valve opens, and output closes. There is also ESD button that makes both valve close. When camera aquiers image, the image procces is supposed to be in another loop with notifiers. Way of detecting watel level using camera is detecting the edges, like it is on the picture.

Mainly i need help with shitching from one way of measurment to another. If somebody can help, pleas do!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,602 Views)

I, for one, am not sure (a) what it is you are trying to do, (b) what you already have done and have working, and (c) exactly where in your program you are having trouble.

It would help me (and maybe others) to understand your question better if (a) you posted the code that is giving you trouble, and (b) made it clear what part(s) of it you don't understand.

You mentioned "State Machine" -- are you having trouble understanding how to construct a State Machine in LabVIEW?  If so, there are Examples and Templates that will get you started.

You mention Images and Image Processing.  Do you know how to acquire Images?  Do you know how to (from an image) tell the water level in the tank?  If not, show us the code you have and tell us what you have tried.

We are willing to help, but you need to do the Project.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,582 Views)