From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show screen on loaded VIT

I have an app that fires off a couple of VIT's.  In normal development mode, the VIT's show up on the screen when called and that is what I want. 

Once I compile the app, the VIT's no longer show up.

I see where it says it won't show up, but is there a method by which I can make it display?  I want them as stand alone windows as in the development mode for a reason and I am not interested in having the screen show up in the calling program.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,381 Views)

t_houston wrote:

I see where it says it won't show up, but is there a method by which I can make it display?  I want them as stand alone windows as in the development mode for a reason and I am not interested in having the screen show up in the calling program.

What are you trying to say with that first question?

Are you including the VITs in the build specification, and is the executable able to find them properly?  Paths are sometimes different in executables than in the development environment, and your screen show doesn't show how you're generating the path to the VIT.  Also in the build specification, make sure you specifically set the properties for the VIT so that compiling does not remove the front panel (the default build setting for most VIs is to remove the front panel, unless it's the startup VI).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,375 Views)

Why use VI Templates?  Reentrant VIs would be much more efficient.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,370 Views)

I will have many simultaneous VIT's working on data from different sources. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,368 Views)

You might be onto something.  The VIT's are listed in the compile and are at the same directory level as the top VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,367 Views)

This app will be called from a network drive, by many computers.  Any hint on how to correctly refer to the VIT so it can be called.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,365 Views)

Do you know that the VIT is currently being launched, but not visible?  Do you do anything with the error wire coming out of Open VI Reference and being passed through the invoke nodes?  If not, you might throw a simple error handler on the end so you'll at least get a dialog if an error occurs, which would help determine the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,361 Views)

You are correct.  It appears that the VIT is not actually getting launched.  I didn't build an error trap since it worked on the development system.  My Bad.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,356 Views)