From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show points in a waveform- or x/y- graph/chart

Hi,
is it possible to add points to a waveform graph (or any other applicaple object which visualises plots)?
What I want to do is to clearly mark all out of range data points of a waveform after having done the limit testing. It is rather easy to get the data of the points but it was impossible to add them to the same graph than waveforms. Even after converting the waveform to xy-pairs (what a horrible waste of CPU-time) the arrays were not compatible.
What is the best approach to that problem?

Gruß,
Bluegraf
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,540 Views)

Look at this example file.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.0\examples\measure\maxmpl.llb\Limit Testing Measurement.vi

If you aren't using waveforms for your data, I have a hacked up version of the limit testing vi's that work on array data.

Message Edited by unclebump on 06-21-2006 04:56 AM

Message 2 of 3
(2,539 Views)

Hi unclebump,

Thanks, that was what I was looking for... the NaN was the trick.

The only point I'm still missing is the fact, that it is not possible to define which plot to print on top without re-arranging the input array. It would be a bit more comfortable to have this in the properties (Little hint towards NI 😉 ).

Gruß,
Bluegraf

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,528 Views)