From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show Analog input with a graph continuously

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

The project is about generation of custom signal. A math function creates a custom function and then user applies the function for a specific duration to an analog output. Basically, there is a steady state function which is DC and there is a transient function which is created and applied by the user. Currently, I have to use oscilloscope to see the analog output. I connected the analog output to analog input but I could not figure out how I can show the input with a graph. I am using USB 6216 OEM and LabVIEW version is 2010. I attached the vi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,277 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Egreenx

Hi there,

If you want to display one sample at a time and show previous samples as well, the Chart will do the job for you.

A couple of notes, It looks like you try to have different states without using a proven architecture. Google "LabVIEW State Machine" and you will be able to write a much more maintainable program.

Also, though you have named it "project" you are not actually using a .lvproj file! I think you will be very happy with the extra organization (and ability to build executables) that the project brings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,220 Views)

Thank you gregoryj for your response. I am very new in programming with LV. I am trying to learn different parts of LV. I will modify it based on the State Machine. I will try it and let you know if I get some problems

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,215 Views)