From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup x y z in intensity graph/chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there

I'm trying to plot the intensity chart with X (step), Y (frequency) and Z (power spectra magnitude). I have difficulty to set up the right 2D array source and to assign X, Y and intensity Z. BTW, why the power spectra has so many items dB EU [0] to [8]. Did I miss something in the setup?

1.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Melody

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,807 Views)

Hi hygeia,

when someone is using an ArrayToCluster instead of the IndexArray function (which would be the natural way to go here) then that someone is receiving a cluster with some elements numbered from 0 to 8...

- The intensity graph takes a 2D array as input. When you use IndexArray on a 1D array you will result in a scalar value, that doesn't fit with that graph...

- What do you want to achieve by adding appending those "step" and "f0+df" values to that 1D array?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,805 Views)

The intensity graph takes a 2D array of Z values.

X and Y are related to the array indices based on the offset and multiplier of the axis settings.

The Z values need to be arranged in a regular grid.

Whatever you are showing on your image makes absolutely no sense. Can you attach a simplified VI containing typical data?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,804 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

Thank you for your reply.  Attached is the VI and I have difficulty to save the data now. I will upload it when I get the data. 

1.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,798 Views)

Since you are only gettting a 1D slice at a time, maybe you want an "intensity chart" instead?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,795 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you for you reply.

1) I want to use f (frequency) as the Y axis in the intensity chart. I guess only the Z value is needed as the input of the intensity graph.

2)I'm quit confusing about array and clusters and also the 2D or 1D data. What would be good ones to use to get only the power spectral density as the intensity chart input.

I've attached a simplified VI above.  Please help!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,794 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hygeia44

HI hygeia,

just to give some ideas:

check.png

I couldn't delete the SplitSignal ExpressVI as I don't have DAQmx nor that toolkit you use installed...

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 7 of 11
(5,792 Views)

Hi altenbach,

Thank you for your reply.  I changed intensity graph to intensity chart. The intensity chart seems also required 2D input.

Here is the error message: You have two or more array data types wired together, but the arrays have different numbers of dimensions. Show the Context Help window to see how many dimensions are required. The dimension of magnitude is 1. The dimension of Intensity Chart  is 2.

If I only have the 1D  Z value, how to plot the intensity chart?

1.png 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,785 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you for the help. Just gave you a kudos.

One more question, how to adjust the color bar ? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,781 Views)

Hi hygeia,

the color ramp is a property of the intensity chart, so you should use a property node to set the colors programatically...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,762 Views)