LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send "Hello World" from one USRP2932 to another. (LabVIEW interface)

Hello

I wanted to have an idea about how to send 1 data (consider it be hello world) from 1 USRP to another using LabVIEW. 

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,378 Views)

Hi ManasNyati,

Here is an example of how to transmit IQ data from a text file using a USRP: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-47239.  You can pair this example with one of the standard RX examples bundled with the USRP driver to do a simple send and receive test between USRPs.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,327 Views)

Hi, 

Did you send it ? I want to send ''Hello'' or something like that from NIUSRP 2901 to another one. I searched your examples but it works for numbers and its recevier is for USRP RIO. Could you help me please ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,087 Views)

Hi kebirebardak,

By "Hello" do you mean you want to send a waveform of someone saying hello?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,070 Views)

Hello,

I would also like to transmit a "Hello world" text message between 2 USRPs (2921). 

From what I understood, the program given as example reads IQ based on the input text file and generates a signal. Is it then possible at the receiver side to perform the reverse operations in order to get the exact text message that was transmitted? Also, is it a problem that I am not using Rio devices?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,048 Views)

Hi cristian94,

Yes, the example above reads in IQ based on a file and then generates a signal based on that data.  You can capture that signal using a second USRP and one of the receiver examples that come with the NI-USRP driver.  It shouldn't be a problem that you are using a RIO device.

How do you want to encode the "Hello world" text into IQ data?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,994 Views)

Hello,

I was thinking of transforming the text in a stream of bits and then use a QAM modulation.

In the meantime, I have come across with an example that actually sends a message from one USRP to another using PSK modulations, and packet based digital link:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/Software-Defined-Radio/Packet-based-Digital-Link/ta-p/3509866

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,983 Views)