LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send 20 individual pictures to the front panel ?

Hi LabVIEW experts!

I have a lung simulator which I connected to the Ni 9205 and could read voltage from. I wrote the program and it works well. I want to use this program for taking an exam of some trainees. Now I have a problem. I need the trainees to look at the graphs and when they want additonal information by pressing a button, a picture of an xray or lab data related to that patient shows on their monitor. Case by case is different. I have for example 20 lab data from different patients with their xrays. How can I control the trainee program to send a picture which is related to that patient?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,280 Views)

What do you mean by "send a picture"?  Where are the pictures coming from? A file?  The internet?  Some other device on the network?

Do you know the front panel has a picture indicator for displaying pictures?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,242 Views)
Thank you very much for your reply.

The pictures come from another device which I control as a examiner. When I see the trainee wants more information about the patient, I'll send the JPEG file of patient's lab data or X-ray to the trainee platform. Is it possible?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,223 Views)

Yes.

You just need to have your LabVIEW code programmed to do that.  You can convert the picture data to a stream of bytes (look at typecast or flatten to string) on the sender.  Use TCP/IP functions to send the data over the network.

The receiver will do the reverse (typecast back to an image, or unflatten from string) and send it to the picture indicator.

Look at the functions

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,206 Views)