LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select a set of points in a xy graph contained in an area draw with the cursor ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Darin's VI seems to be what I have been looking for. Could anyone convert the above VI (PolygonGraph.vi) into ver 8.2 or lower? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,751 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,733 Views)

Thanks a lot for the conversion. The VI works great!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,727 Views)

I really like the VI you post. A follow-up question that I have is how to use the mouse to drag the points of selection and manipulate them on the XY graph panel? Do u think it is possible to do in the labview?

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,280 Views)

You can certainly manipulate points on an XY graph.  To do this, you will need to use the event structure to capture mouse events.  A possible solution is to find the nearest point on a mouse down event, move it on a mouse move event, and release it on a mouse up event.  There are conversion functions (VI server methods) on the XY graph to convert a mouse location to coordinates on the graph.  This will help you determine which point is selected.

Be careful with mouse move.  It can flood you with events and result in what appears to be a hung application as the app struggles to deal with all the mouse move events.  Consult this post for an elegant solution to this issue.

Have fun!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(2,269 Views)

Hi, I'm very interested by this example, it's more or less what I'm looking for. But the only thing is that I would like to use it with an intensity graph in entry instead of a XY graph. Do you think it's still possible? Cause, I heard it's impossible to link cursors with segments on an intensity graph. Is it right? Indeed, the aim of the function i'm developping is to select 2D coordinates according to the third information which is represented with the color. Thus it'll be perfect because the area i've to select is completely different depending of the case. It can be very simple or very complicated polygone. Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my imperfect english.

Pierre

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,955 Views)

Is there any vi on here that lets you plot the coordinates on using the mouse click but not plotting all the circles on it. i just need the part where it plots the coordinates then connects the points that are plotted.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,827 Views)

hi

i want to select data from xy graph using cursor.for that i use property node for the xy graph and array subset function.

how can i do this?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,775 Views)

Hi bijal,

please stick with your own thread!

There are open questions you still need to answer...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,773 Views)