LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scroll a table in a window under a non modal dialog ?

Hello, I have a main window that display a table, but after a test complete this window calls a sub VI that opens a dialog box. I modified its properties not to behave like a modal dialog, so I can bring the main window upfront, but the scrolling have no effect on the table (mouse still in hourglass mode until we exit the sub VI front panel) and is indeed totally blocked.

Is there any trick I should use before opening the sub VI to offer the main window the ability to answer events ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,476 Views)

If you keep the Sub VI window as floating then you should be able to access the other panels easily. It matters from where the Sub VI is called in the main VI (Where you want to access the Table). Make sure it is not called from an Event structure, because this locks the front panel (By default) and won't allow you to access it until the sub VI execution is complete.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,464 Views)

If you do a "dynamic call" to your subVI, then both the VI will be executing and you will get all functionality for main VI.

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,457 Views)

Would calling it asynchronously help?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,419 Views)