From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save table data AFTER program has ended? (a sad one-time-only solution)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a Labview program that gathers data from an oscilloscope as an experiment runs.  Some hardware issue made me have to full-stop the program early and some idiotic programming on my part didn't have a fail-safe check for saving my data if an abort program situation arose.  (I have it autosave the table when a software error occurs or the program finishes or a manual stop button is pressed).  

So right now I have a data table populated on my program front screen with all the experimental data I need and I need a way to save this current data table. It's a big data set that is not easily to repeat.  Is there a way to do this? (besides write a better program for next time 🙂

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,928 Views)

What version of LabVIEW?

you should be able to right click and Export Data to Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,916 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shari!

Yeah, you should be able to right click the table and copy data or export to Excel.

You can also try to create a constant from the table (don't delete the original until you have your data though!) and then you can copy+paste it into a simple VI which saves the data in the constant to disk.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 4
(2,908 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'm using version 8.6 which doesn't seem to have any right-click save function except to save it as an image.  But I took your advice to copy it into a new vi and convert it to a control and then save it with the write to spreadsheet function.  It worked!  Thanks for both of your quick replies 🙂  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,892 Views)