LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save(generate) file directly into PDF format??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to save my file after execution directly in PDF format,can it possible??

means generally after one execution all the data are saved in taxt file formate directly,but i want to save that data in to  PDF formate instead of text file.

Here in attachment I have attach my screen shot of my vi,in that after completing execution,all the information of log window is saved in text format but I want to save(generate) that file into PDF format directly.

Will you please guide me that what kind of changes I have to do in order to generate my file directly in PDF format...

Thank you very much in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,405 Views)

Hi,
one option I see is to use PDF creator, which is recognized as a printer.
     - You save you file to a .txt file
     - You print it with PDF creator (you can call printer with LabVIEW)

Maybe is there one other option...

Best Regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,403 Views)

Thanks for reply,

thats ok but can it possible to save our file directly in PDF instead of .txt file.

Because in my case I dont want to do any printing operation I have to just save obeserved data into one file in computer only so i want to save that data directly into PDF file.

Thanks again....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,400 Views)

You can generate a PDF using Itextsharp API can't remember where I downloaded it, but it's definitely on NI.com

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,398 Views)

Hi,

it's considered as printing operation, but this doesn't print anything : it save a file into a pdf format.
If you read this thread, you will see that you can do what you want :

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/programmatically-save-xls-file-as-pdf/m-p/992366/highlight/true#M443...

Save your data in a txt file
Convert this file in pdf file
Delete your temporary txt file...

Best regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,399 Views)

thanks for reply ,i will check with your solution and let you know..

thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,395 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitRamani

There is also this from carya.nl

There's a free edition (which puts a reference to Carya on each page) or there is a professional edition which is paid for (and presumably doesn't put the reference).

I've downloaded it, but haven't used it yet. But I am about to in my latest project.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,394 Views)

hello,

i am facing problem that i am not able to connect the terminal of my log windows with any of pdf vi blocks.

can you please tell me that how can i connect my log window with pdf terminal so i can have pdf file in which all log windows detail is included.

here in attachment i have attached my screen shots hope it might be help to understand the problem.

Thank you very much for help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,374 Views)

here i am attaching my vi which i made for reference only ,

will you please guide me that how can i generate pdf file or which kind of set up i needed in order to have all data which is display in logwindow in pdf file.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,361 Views)

Ankit,

I did not look at your vi, but if you are using the Report Generator Toolkit with the Office vi's, Office 2010 under Windows 7 will let you save your report as a PDF file.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,337 Views)