Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save data to file(.xls)

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author safix

Hi Munna232,

but Report Generation Toolkit is for fee, isn't it? I would like some solution without any fees...or can you explain me,  how can I to use it?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,674 Views)

@safix wrote:

Hi Munna232,

but Report Generation Toolkit is for fee, isn't it? I would like some solution without any fees...or can you explain me,  how can I to use it?

Yes, the Report Generattion Toolkit is not free.

Learn how to program using ActiveX in LabVIEW. There are examples shipped with LabVIEW.

PLENTY of discussion of this topic. All you have to do is look.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,667 Views)

As Nyc said, If you don't have RGT, use ActiveX.

RGT is developed with ActiveX. Just check it in ni forum.you will get more information.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,654 Views)

Hey Safix,

our tool "XLR8" allows you to edit "xls" as well as "xlsx" files and does not employ ActiveX or MS Excel in the process.

While it is also not free, it is pretty affordable ($249 for a developer's license) and it provides a large variety of formatting and editing functionality.  You can download it from the LabVIEW tools network and try it out for free for 30 days.

Cheers,

Peter

CLD | Alliance Partner | Web data storage and visualization | daq.io
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,637 Views)

Depending on how much data you are saving, why you need .xls, how much experience you have with LabVIEW, etc., one solution (particularly if you only have a few data files to save) is to go ahead and save as .xlsx.  Open these files in Excel, then (still in Excel) do a "Save As" and specify the .xls format.  You can be pretty sure that Microsoft can do the conversion properly ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,628 Views)

Hi Bob,

yes, you are right...It's one of opportunities. Maybe it's the easiest choice to do that :). I thought that exist some other simple solution for that. Thank you very much 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,598 Views)