From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save data to PC when use cDAQ to run the code

I am using cDAQ-9133 controller and two 9201 modules to acquire the data, and I'd like to save the data to a predetermined file path in PC and I have tried many write file functions to do that, but no data file was created. So I connected cDAQ directly to a monitor and found out all the data files are saved into cDAQ instead of PC. 

It explains why data file cannot be saved in PC because the code was running in cDAQ and it seems that it can only save the data to a file path in cDAQ.

My question is that, is there any way that I can save the data file into PC when I am using cDAQ to run the code? Please help me out. Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,210 Views)

The first thing to try would be to make a shared folder on your computer and try to have the cDAQ write to that.

If that does not work, make an application that the cDAQ can stream the data to via TCP/IP or a Network Stream.  That application then saves the data file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,207 Views)