LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save a sound in wav. format?

Hi

I have a wav. sound file that i insert into my code and do some processing. At the output i get either a 1-D array or a  2-D array which is my final processed sound signal. Now, how can i save this sound into a wav. format file and be able to play it back into my code? Can somebody help me please?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(12,699 Views)

Check this VI.

National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\sound\sound.llb\Record Wave File.vi.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 2 of 13
(12,685 Views)
Partha

The example vi is for acquiring a sound from the sound card and saving it in wav format isnt it? What i want is to save my output array of data as a wav. file and be able to play it back when my code is finished iterating.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(12,673 Views)

I see some functions under programming/graphics & sound/sound/files such as open file and write to file.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 04-24-2007 10:53 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(12,663 Views)
What version of Labview are you using?Mine is 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(12,660 Views)

In 7.0, go to the Sound>Sound File palette.

There is a real handy tool in LabVIEW called VI, Function, & How to Help. Opening that up and typing 'Sound' on the Index tab would have saved you an awful lot of time. It would also have saved the time of three people who have had to answer your question. In fact, the very first topic found is 'Sound File VIs'. The Snd Write Wave file is also a subVI in the example mentioned earlier and the Snd Read Wave File is a subVI of the shipping example called Wave File Player.

Message 6 of 13
(12,652 Views)
This is from LV 8.2.  I have LV 8.0 and it is there as well.  I was able to open up the write file VI.  In it was a call library function node that called    C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\resource\lvsound2.* with a function SoundWriteFileData.  If you can search for a file by the name LVsound2 in your Labview directories, maybe it will tell you if you have those functions available in LV7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(12,648 Views)
Thank you Ravens

As far as Dennis, i am 100% sure when you first started working with Labview you knew everything about it and you didnt need any help at all.  If i knew how to incorporate that or anything else in my program i wouldnt be asking any questions at all. Sorry for wasting your time.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(12,655 Views)
No, I didn't know everything about it. I learned long before there was a forum available for people to use instead of reading the manual, looking at the shipping examples, and using the on-line help. Obviously, I don't mind spending time here answering questions.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(12,642 Views)

Hi Madgreek,

What Dennis told you was correct, I mean you can yourself search LV thro' its Help Index or thro' the Example Finder, instead of all the time asking in the forums.

I dont mean to criticise you, nor was Dennis too... Smiley Wink

Maybe he was a bit strong-worded today to emphasise what he wanted to.

Dennis, to be frank, you were a bit, as I said, strong-worded today, I dont know why... Smiley Indifferent I ve never seen you like this before. Smiley Surprised

But I think it reflects your strong commitment towards the forums (people). Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(12,628 Views)