LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run a labview model on a VxWorks RTOS

Hello

Currently I have been building a custom device model in order to run a labview controller model on VxWorks RTOS. 

I am using LabVIEW 2013sp1, VeriStand 2013SP1, and compactRIO 9024, and the controller model was written on discrete time system using Control and Simulation Loop. 

My questions are

1.  Is there no way but creating a custom device in order to run a labview controller model on a VxWorks RTOS? 

( In case of running an unsupported model on a VxWorks RTOS, custom device should be used.)

if there is another way, could you please let me know how to do it?

2. Should I always put a labview controller model inside <custom device name> RT Driver VI.vi of custom device template? 
   If no, how should I load a labview controll model to use in veristand? or where should I place a labview controller model?

3. How can I synchronize the time of a labview controller model with real-time? 
    I am now using asynchronous execution mode of custom device, and tried to use timed loop in <custom device name> RT Driver VI.vi to synchronize with real timebut it didn't work because my labview controller model was built in Control and Simulation Loop. 

Any advices would be helpful. 

Thank you in advance.

Hongjun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,961 Views)

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the right thing (I'm not familiary with Veristand), but it sounds like you're looking for the LabVIEW Model Interface Toolkit - http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/211815. Maybe someone else can chime in or a call to your local NI office might be able to help.

Also, from what I remember, if you want your hardware to do anything other than the standard Veristand devices, you have to create a custom device.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,956 Views)

Thank you for your reply. 

With Model Interface Toolkit, a labview model can be converted into .lvmodel, but it is not supported for VxWorks RTOS. This is why I am considering to use a custom device. 

So, if I have to use a custom device, I think a controller model should be placed inside a Timed Loop of <custom device name> RT Driver VI template. In other words,  Control and Simulation Loop is located inisde Timed Loop, and my current problem is to synchronize these two loops based on the same time source. 

any ideas to synchronize timed loop with controller model?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,943 Views)