LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve the position of 2 cursors in the same plot?

Hi, I have actually 3 different questions.

1. I would like to know if there is a way to get the cursor positions of two cursors? I want to use these values in another part of the program. I have via the property node of the plot gotten the x-value of one of the cursors, now I need the x-value of the other cursor.
2. I would like to be able use a control to switch between the x scale of a plot to be logarithmic or normal. Is this possible?
3. How can build an executable that is not executed when I start the VI? I didn't have problem doing this when I was using version 7.1, but now I don't find the option not to run the VI on startup.

Any help on any of these problems would be highly appreciated!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,842 Views)

1. Using property nodes select the active cursor then  read the position.

2.  Use property nodes again, wire a int to the Y scale.mapping mode 0-linear, 1-log

3.Goto vi properties (right click on the icon in the upper right corner vi properties ...) .

set execution run when opened to false.  In your build script make sure the top level also is set to run when open as no change (this is on the vi settings->edit settings option)

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 2 of 6
(2,830 Views)
All answers are for 7.1 (8.0 and 8.3 will act slightly different on the build script side)
Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,828 Views)

(1) See image for two possible solutions. The bottom solution is useful if you have many cursors and want to get all positions:

(2) see answer above.

(3) There is a bug in LabVIEW 8.20 that does not allow to turn off "run when opened" for built applications.

Message Edited by altenbach on 04-18-2007 11:24 AM

Message 4 of 6
(2,825 Views)
Thanks a lot falkpn and altenbach.

Is there a fix for the bug that makes an executable VI run in ver 8.2 when started?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,810 Views)

Good to know about the bug in 8.2.  I onl y started my 8.0->8.2 migration in January and have not built an executable which required this flag set.  I should be using 8.2 (8.21) on all new projects by years end.  Thanks.

Paul 

Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,795 Views)