LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset processing results in Multiple thread?

Dear all, I have a real-time system. There are three thread, one for data acquistion, one for serial processing, one for display results in every 10 ms. After display, the results should  be reset to  zero. 

Currently I am using a local variable  to transfer results of processing to diaplay. However,  I can not reset the local variable back  to zero even I wirte an zero array to it.  the simulated program (Labview 7.1) is attached,  anybody can help me?

In summary, my questions are: 1) how to reset results after diaplay?
                                                    2) how to transfer data from calculating thread to diaplaying  thread better? Queue seems not good.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,152 Views)
You do in fact clear the indicator. However, you do not clear the array in the shift register in the middle loop. So, 1 millisecond later the old data gets written to the indicator again.

In LabVIEW the variable is the wire, not the indicator. What you need is some signal to the middle loop from the display loop to reset the array to the values you initialized outside the loop. A Notifer with a boolean value feeding a case structure should work.

I cannot modify your VI to demonstrate as the Timed loops are not available on my platform.

Lynn
Message 2 of 2
(2,147 Views)