Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace text in a file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Bob_Schor,

Bob_Schor wrote:

When you stated the problem, you said "I want to specifically replace a character in the text file."  You then gave an example where you replaced multiple characters in the file.

Ofcourse I made a mistake. I should think twice or more before posting my question.

A text editor that I use a lot has a "binary" mode, where it strictly replaces characters -- you cannot insert or delete characters.  GerdW's solution treats this version of the problem -- it does have a "missing step" that I think he expected you would supply, namely that you need to position the text file at the start of the first character to be replaced, but then you don't want us to do all your work for you, do you?  Are you planning to give GerdW "credit" for this work when you hand it in?

I always dont want others to do my work. Yeah the solution was easy, but today it was hard for me to get it. Am not planning to give credit to GerdW. He deserves it. When someone spend more time to code for a simple logic, people like GerdW will solve it in a simple way. Thats the way where we actually learn labview from Knights. 

You still need to find the right place for the insertion of the replacement text, but will also need to read and re-write the text that follows the replacement.

Got it ! Will work on it. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,523 Views)

Hi Miraz,

Your solution helps me a lot. Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,520 Views)

If you want to thank me then please read my signature below and act accordingly.Smiley Wink

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 13 of 13
(1,491 Views)