LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove sub panel scrollbars with LabVIEW 2009-SP1?

Solved!
Go to solution

I did a search and found this thread on the subject: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/subpanel-scollbars-in-labview-8-0/m-p/284503/highlight/false#M149983

I double checked that that the horizontal and vertical scrollbars were not selected in the Customize Window Appearance and they were not selected as shown in the image below.  You can see the nasty scrollbars in the front panel in the image at the bottom.  Of couse, since the code / sw cannot be shown, it has been painted over but you can still see the scrollbars along the frame of the sub-panel.

Customized Window Appearance settings:

Scrollbars are seen at the bottom & right of the sub panel frame

Download All
Message 1 of 7
(11,253 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ray.R

Found the solution...

Right click on the scrollbars and select Horizontal Scrollbar and choose Always Off.

Repeat for the Vertical Scrollbar.

🙂

Message 2 of 7
(11,244 Views)

Just ran into this myself.  (To complicate matters, forgot that one of my debug tools turns the scroll bars back on upon program exit.)  "Off While Running" works, too.  You can insert this code onto the diagram of any VI that will be called in a subpanel.

Thanks for the tip.

Scrollbars Off While Running.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
Message 3 of 7
(11,174 Views)

Actually, Off While Running is quite useful, since you can scroll the Front Panel while developing which makes life much easier.

Thanks LabBean for posting how to do it programmatically.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(11,145 Views)

Ray (JLV)-

Glad to assist one who has helped out so many of us.

-Jason

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(11,139 Views)

I am having the same problem as the OP. However, the proposed solution does not seem to work for me.

I found the HorizScrollbarVisibitily and VertScrollbarVisibitily properties for the PANE (or parent window), but those two properties do not show up in the Subpanel Properties...

FYI, I am using LV2013.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,542 Views)

Solved my issue...I didn't fully read / understand the solution. You have to set the scrollbar visibilty in the Pane Properties for EACH SubVI that you load into the Subpanel. The scrollbar visibility is NOT set for the Subpanel, it is set by the called VI only.

Message 7 of 7
(9,518 Views)