cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove project warning

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm using LabVIEW 8.6.1 project window here. How can I get rid of the warning shown in the image?

project warning.JPG

The file has been moved as indicated. Refresh does not work, nor save all, I can not delete the warning under the "Files" or "Items" tab. Any ideas?

TIA

-Martin

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,220 Views)

Hi Martin,

did you try "clear conflicts"?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,218 Views)

Hi Mike - do you mean "Resolve conflicts" as this is disabled. I can not find "Clear conflicts".

-Martin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,211 Views)

Hi Martin,

yes, that's what i meant. It shouldn't be a problem, because it's only in the "Dependencies".

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Martin.D

Martin.D wrote:
[...] I can not delete the warning under the "Files" or "Items" tab[...]

The reason why you cannot delete it is because the item is part of the dependencies. It shows up because some code in your application refers to this file position, but the file (DLL!) is not found there.

So in order to resolve the conflict, you have to find the Call Library Function Node which does not refer to the updated location of the DLL. "Reroute" this CLFN to the new position/name of the DLL and the entry should disappear.

Note that this entry should not effect the functionality of the application since DLLs are searched in other paths if not found in the expected one....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 5 of 7
(3,206 Views)
Thanks Norbert - warning is now cleared.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,182 Views)
Then please mark Norbert's reply as the solution to your question rather than you own thank you message.  You can unmark your reply as the solution by going to the Options menu to the upper right hand corner of the message.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,157 Views)