LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read two ir sensor connected to arduino to find the velocity of object

Solved!
Go to solution

I am connecting two IR sensor module to the analog pin of arduino to detect the velocity of object. IR LED and photodiode are kept in front of one another when the object passes between them voltage differ similarly with the second module which is kept at some distance.We know the distance and the time will seen when the object is passes between the sensor then by using the formula of speed we will get the speed.

How to do this in labview. I have try this much only not able to proceed further.

Please Help!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,680 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sona32

If I understand your project you are using IrLED (Emitters and detectors?) to make two "photobeams", right?

Well it would seem to me that you would simply start a timer whew the object breaks the first beam and stop the timer when the object breaks the second beam.

Then knowing the distance traveled between the beams and the time it took you can calculate the speed of the object.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,627 Views)

Here is an example.

speed.png

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,621 Views)

Thanx but i have to use arduino.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,601 Views)

Thanx but How i get photobeam1 and 2

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,582 Views)

Those are where you are implementing your Arduino reads.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,575 Views)

@sona32 wrote:

Thanx but How i get photobeam1 and 2

Connect the Output if this example circuit to one of the Arduino's digital inputs for each photobeam.

In fact you do not even need the 10K pull up because the Ardunio has internal pullup resistors you can turn on.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,555 Views)