LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the excel fie with the Time stamped in the file?

Dear Friends,

As I am reading book.gif the data from Excel file, i want to plot it in the graph as historical data and the thing i want that the data is shown as they are written in the graph with the time stamp, i am giving the time stamp as the comment when writing throgh the .lvm file procedure but just selecting the .xls file instead of .lvm file, and i dont think that the file type makes the difference, is it??????? if it please also let me know.

Here with this I am attaching a file in which i ve shown that how i am writing the file......thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,409 Views)

With a little more effort, you could have eliminated all the front panel controls and used 100% global variables.Smiley Wink You also didn't include any of the separate VIs (one for each global?) so the VI can't be run.

The best way to get help in a situation like this is to post an example of a file that has been written. Also, exactly how do you want the data displayed? As an XY graph or a regular graph with the correct start time? What have you tried to do on your own and what problem do you have?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,401 Views)

Dear Dennis,

Now here i am attaching the file with no global variables, and from that you cn open the vi and see things what u want, and whenever i ve try it doent show the time, it only shows the data and i dont ve that example currently, and what i want is to display the time stored in the file on the X-axis and the data stord for the each channel on the Y-axis so i can see the previously stored data on the graph currently, and graph may be any one of the given in the LabVIEW.

Message 3 of 4
(2,378 Views)
Why don't you use the Read LabVIEW Measurements File? Select properties and choose Absolute Time Stamps. Right click on the Signals output and select Create>Graph Indicator. On the graph you just created, right click and select X Scale>Formatting>Absolute time.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,366 Views)