LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read data from OM-62 temperature/humidity data logger in LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution
There are a couple of sniffer programs mentioned in the nugget I linked to. I don't remember the exact one(s) I used the last time I needed to. It was a pretty long and tedious process and not one I would like to do again. Have you even determined the USB class that the connection is using? The driver will be listed in Windows device manager.

Note that the links to the tutorial on USB RAW are essentially worthless unless you do obtain the low level protocol by some method. I wish those links had a big label that said 'Use only as a last resort'.
Message 11 of 15
(1,156 Views)

While Omega makes some nice hardware, their manuals tend to stink and, as you have discovered, they can be arrogant about what they think their customers should be allowed to know.

Often the best approach to that kind of situation is to ask again for the information. When they refuse again, return the product with a statement that the lack of appropriate support makes the product useless to you. And inform them that you will not be buying from them in the future and will recommend to others to adopt a similar policy.

Then spend your time and effort finding a similar product from a vendor who will support your needs.  Even if you need to spend more money up front to purchase an alternate product, the time you save in trying to reverse engineer the communications protocol may still make the other device more economical.

Lynn

Message 12 of 15
(1,149 Views)

The Device Manager says that the Device class is Ports. The connection to the sensor is also recognized by the NI MAX under the Devices and Interfaces > Serial & Parallel section.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,101 Views)
You are still faced with not having any idea about the correct commands to send. The only thing you know now is that the regular VISA Serial functions would be used once the commands are determined.
Message 14 of 15
(1,094 Views)

You could replace it with Extech RH520. They were willing to give me the communication protocol.  Their default program is a LabVIEW executable though so it's a different story.  However the reason I'm here is because RH520 does not have atmospheric pressure, while our Omega does.

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(708 Views)