LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read .dat file and display on a chart.

Hello, I am very new to labeled and am looking for some guidance on how to display data from a file onto a chart. I have registered the appropriate data plug in (Yokogawa_DAT) however when I try to use the file viewer VI it is still not recognized by LabVIEW. I have included a sample of the data which includes 2 channels plus time stamping and color information etc. The data is produced by a Yokogawa VR100 recorder that is no longer supported, and therefore the native viewing software is impossible to get. Unfortunately my time is limited and learning all the ins and outs of LabVIEW is going to take a good deal of it, I am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction to learn the basics of what I am after without having to learn LabVIEW in its entirety. Many Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,135 Views)

Hi,

With the DAT plugin I can read the DAT files I have. But it fails to read your DAT file.

Which instrument do you use ?

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,109 Views)

Hi Kees,

Thanks for your reply. The Data comes from a Paperless recorder - Yokogawa VR100/200 model number VR104P-0-W manufactured in 1996. I hope this helps !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,104 Views)

Just to be sure, can you generate another DAT file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,099 Views)

Yes, Brand new set of data, exactly as it comes off the recorder. Including config files etc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,069 Views)

As expected the same result.

I will ask around and get back to you.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,058 Views)

Thanks for that !

Cheers

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,034 Views)

Like I promised I asked around.

This instrument is too old to get any useful information or support. Also because the new recorders (FX recorder) are relative cheap and up to date.

Sorry that I cannot help you further.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,997 Views)

Thats ok, Thanks for trying I appreciate it.

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,992 Views)

@Polartesting

I suppose it's just too late to help you, but I have the software for a VR100, in DOS-version and in W95-version. So if you still have the logger, it still can have a chance. Though it's old, it's still a good instrument.

Johnny

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,713 Views)