LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read any voltage (0-10v) with NI 9421

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am a biginner in cRIO. Playing with cRIO-9012, NI9421.There is an example program in Labview named " NI 94xx Input - Getting Started - Scan Mode". its a basic program just to show the LED status when there is something in DIO1. I implimented the program by changing the target chasis. To see how it works, I used a calibrator to send some voltages to NI9421. The LED is actually turned on at 8v. My question is how can I turned it on even in lower voltages like 2v, 3v, 5v. Somebody please help me out which settings I need to change.?  I attach the screen shots of the program and the example file from labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,932 Views)
You're going to need an analog input module and not just the digital module. Are you familiar with the differences between the two?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,924 Views)

Thanks and sorry if I explained that wrong. The NI example that I am using is about Digital input. Any NI 94xx series can be used. I tried to input a counter/pulse but it doesnt read that. What I am looking for is to read a triggering pulse of any voltage level. Right now it is only reading when the voltage lavel is up to 8 v.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,904 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Uzzal_us

If you look at the data sheet for the 9421, it is a 24V logic digital input module.  It states that an off state is 5V or less and an on state is 11-30V.  Anything in between should be considered unstable.

You can't just pick the logic level for the input module.

Message 4 of 5
(2,894 Views)

Some how I thought that its 0-10v. I should have read the data sheet before using that.Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,878 Views)