LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read 32 bit depth .bmp image

Solved!
Go to solution

How to read 32 bit depth .bmp image using LabVIEW?

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(4,687 Views)

Is "read BMP file" command not working, please?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,659 Views)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvpict/read_bmp_file/

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,654 Views)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvpict/read_bmp_file/

This won't work for 32 bit depth images. Yes the read bmp file.vi i s not working for my image. When I am saving it in paint it changes to 24 bit then it works perfectly.

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,639 Views)

I have no clue yet. But you may consider to supply the image and the error you see. ("not working" is vague)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,634 Views)

A "standard" image, by which I mean an image type most typically encountered, stores image data in RGB format with 8 bits per colour, making them 24-bit images (24bbp - bits per pixel). A 32-bit image normally includes an additional 8 bits for the alpha channel, but in BMP files this format is complex (see wiki article), and it appears the LabVIEW Read BMP function does not support it.

Do you have the IMAQ toolkit? I can't test the theory, but perhaps the IMAQ functions for reading image files are more advanced and can read your images?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,626 Views)

error.png

I am attaching the error message  but when I am trying to attach the picture it is saying unsupported format.

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,624 Views)

archive it, e.g. into ZIP or 7ZIP

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,620 Views)

Do you have the IMAQ toolkit? I can't test the theory, but perhaps the IMAQ functions for reading image files are more advanced and can read your images?

I will try this .

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,619 Views)

hi @nk,

could you post an example 32-bit .bmp file?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,614 Views)