From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read 2 digital inputs (from 1 port) in labview

Hi, I am new to Labview and NI tools in general.  I was not sure where to post this question, so adding to the labview discussion forum since I believe it is simply a labview problem with my program.  I am trying to use 2 individual lines on Port 0 of a NI-PXIe 6363 to read and move to individual arrays ~3000 pieces of digital data.  The problem I continue to run into is that for whatever reason, my Labview program is taking the sum of Lines 0 & 1 and recording that into my array of data as opposed to the individual lines that I believe I have selected.  I have attached my labview module.

If I change the DAQmx Read selection over to a Digital 1D Wafeform, then I can see the 2 individual lines of data in the waveform, but I also see the sum as seen in my array in the digital waveform graph as well.  I have attached a screen shot showing my 2 lines of data in this mode.  I have also tried to use this data to extract and move to an array with no luck.

My end gold is to have 2 arrays of 3000 pieces of 1 & 0's that I an return to Test Stand.

Thanks in advance to the help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,456 Views)

Hi,

I believe what you are seeing is expected behavior, but what you want for your application is for the DAQmx Read VI to be configured to output a waveform. I have modified your code slightly and attached it below. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Jason D

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,414 Views)