From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read 2 Counts Inputs with 9178?

Good afternoon everyone!
I need to make a program to read the frequency of 2 encoders and read 3 temperatures.
From these frequencies, I will be able to calculate the speed of the wheels.
When I try to create this task, LabVIEW shows the following errors:

- You can not create two Counts Inputs for the same task.
- When you change the option to "Large range for 2 counters," the program reads one value and then locks.

I tried to create an independent clock for the second frequency signal but did not succeed as well.
Someone would have an idea how to solve this?

Currently I use a cDAQ 9178, to measure the frequency use to 9402 and 9213 to measure temperature.

Thanks guys.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,663 Views)

Please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you. It helps to see the code that you've tried that throws the error.

This document might help you figure out how to configure your counter task.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,654 Views)

My VI is attached now. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,642 Views)

What happens if you put Low Frequency with 1 Counter instead of 2 counter?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,633 Views)