LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish a directory with datasocket to download the content via internet?

Hi,
I have a VI, which makes a long scale measurement, thereby producing data in several subdirectories. I want to download the main directory, which comprises the data via internet, e. g. by ftp.
Can I do this with datasocket? Do I have to set up a ftp-server or can the datasocket-server act as an ftp?

Thanks for your help in advance.
MB
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,461 Views)
You can write to an existing FTP server with datasocket. I know you can write text files, but I am not sure if you can use other file types. All you need to do is specify the URL of the ftp server you want to write to with the desired file name. For example, if I wanted to post a text file to NIs incoming ftp server I would use the following URL: FTP://ftp.ni.com/incoming/text.text[text].

You have to use the [text] extension to write to the file. Take a look at the attached screenshot. It will generate a sine wave, cast it to a string, write the file through datasocket, and then read in the same file and display it in a graph.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,461 Views)
Thanks for your answer, but I found already another solution for my problem. I put all my data programmatically in a zip-file, which can be directly downloaded trough a webbrowser.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,461 Views)