LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate one array without running the entire VI

I'm trying to populate a complex array that I built that reads from a spreadsheet file.  The company I am building it for only has labview run time on the PXI test equipment that I am working with.  I am having to fix the VI On my computer then build an executable and then test it on the machine to see if it runs properly.  It's a very tedious process.  I cannot run the VI on my computer because it requires to have a FLUKE 726 connected in order to run.  So, I was wondering if there is a way to repopulate the array without running the entire VI?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,276 Views)

Create a subVI for reading/processing of the array.  Then you just have to test that subVI as your machine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,272 Views)

If I understand your Q.

You are Stuck between a rock and a hard place. ;

Your only choice is to Implement a robust driver layer for the device, then when it is tested and assured you can attempt to make a simulation of it.

or

you can see if the FLUKE 726 driver offers a simulated version of of itself (unlikely)

After that you can use the simulation at home to extend on the code.

But without the device to start it can be very difficult.

edit: and yes crossrules has one way of attempting to do it.

If you make a sub VI it has to have proper default values set so you can test it.

You would get this from live instrument exchanges I presume.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,269 Views)

You can disable parts of your VI with the Disable function on the Structures palette. That way, you can run with items not connected to test parts that don't need them.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,267 Views)

There are no rocks ort hard places...

crossrulz has the proper solution >>>>  create a sub-vi that can be tested as standalone.

Think of the sub-vi as a function.  It also makes for better code re-use and module testing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,255 Views)