LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot modulus and/or phase of S21 parameter by using Network Analyzer?

Hi, I'm using Network Analyzer Rohde Schwarz ZVB 8 (untill 8GHz) and I have to do same manipulation on Modulus and Phase of S parameters. I control the Network Analyzer by PC and if I'm in front of the Network it is really easy to do operations by looking real instrument display.

Is there some EASY way to show the real monitor on the PC desktop in order to do the operations in an other room?

Thanks,

Luana.

< The Quiter You Become, The More You Are Able To Hear >
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,627 Views)

Thanks juergenstraub,

but I was searching the way to have a "copy" of real display in the LabVIEW Panel.

Thanks for the advice, but is not was I'm asking.

< The Quiter You Become, The More You Are Able To Hear >
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,609 Views)

@SweetLuana wrote:

Thanks @juergenstraub,

but I was searching the way to have a "copy" of real display in the LabVIEW Panel.

Thanks for the advice, but is not was I'm asking.

No easy way I can think of.  The main problem is real time screen updates.  If you didn't care about that, you could make a virtual button for each real button you are likely to use, then do manually triggered sweeps.

Personally, I don't usually like the idea of remotely controlling a test setup because you aren't there in front of it.

What if the unit shorts out and by the time you get there, it's just a slag heap?  A several thousand dollar slag heap?  (Worst case, the only way you might know it became a slag heap is because you suddenly have no gain and some runs into the room complaining that your unit is smoking.)

What happens if you need to switch cables in and out all the time (i.e., have to check several ports for S22)?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,595 Views)