From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot BER vs SNR graph for BPSK modulation in LabVIEW with Tx and Rx as USRP 2932

Hello

I wanted to know how we can plot a graph between BER and SNR for modulation techniques likes BPSK. I am using two USRP 2932, one as TX and another as Rx.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,552 Views)

Hey ManasNyati,

I have a couple of different suggestions to help you.

First off, we have great PSK examples for both Rx and Tx that come with the NI-USRP Driver and the Modulation Toolkit.  You can easily access these example by going to Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-USRP >> LabVIEW 201XX.  Once you select the version of LabVIEW you are using, a new window should open.  Open the folder ModulationToolkitExamples.  From there, you should see the niUSRP EX PSK Rx and Tx examples.  In these examples, you can select BPSK as your PSK method at the bottom.

Additionally, in LabVIEW, there is a Calculate BER VI that comes with the Modulation Toolkit.  The easiest way to find this is to go to the Block Digram, Ctl + Space (this opens Quick Drop) and search for MT BER.  This will give you the MT Calculate BER.vi.  Place this in your code to get the BER.

Lastly, comparing this on a graph against the SNR will be a little more complicated.  What are you using as your SNR?  I believe that this Forum Post will be helpful!

Best,

Casey L.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,501 Views)
how to connnect MT BER block with output of PSK receiver and plot the BER graph..please reply ASAP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,726 Views)

I have the same query. How to connect the BER block to receiver ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(329 Views)

@nandprakash wrote:

I have the same query. How to connect the BER block to receiver ?

This is an ancient thread and your question seems very different. What is a "block"?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(316 Views)

By block I mean MT Calculate BER.vi 

I have the PSK Tx.vi and PSK Rx.vi 

but how do I connect them both and study BER parameter using them. I wish to transmit a PSK signal and receive the PSK signal and study BER . Kindly help 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(295 Views)