LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot 3D surface graph from X,Y,Z points?

cdegelmann,

Very good question; if this is still an outstanding issue for you, it would likely get more visibility if you created a new thread for the topic.

Kirk L. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 34
(3,077 Views)

This will work for what you are trying to do.  Anyone else that is looking to do this should use the example that is provided with Labview.  It is Scattered 2D Interpolation.vi.

It does exactly what you are looking for.  You can set the number of points you want in the interpolation (i.e., the resolution of the surface).  Hope this helps someone else.  It took me a while to find.

Good Luck,

Chris Frye

Message 32 of 34
(2,874 Views)

Here is an example from a file.  My file is 3 rows (line delimited /n) and many columns (tab delimited - default).  You'll have to format yours for the file you have, in order to read it in correctly, but the rest is done.  Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Chris

Download All
Message 33 of 34
(2,857 Views)

@chrisjfrye wrote:

Here is an example from a file.  My file is 3 rows (line delimited /n) and many columns (tab delimited - default).  You'll have to format yours for the file you have, in order to read it in correctly, but the rest is done.  Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Chris

chrisjfrye, I realize this is a pretty old topic, but I was wondering if you could convert your vi here to LV 2013? I came across the same problem as the people in this thread, and would like to use your VI to get a better view on how exactly you solved this.

Thank you,

Message 34 of 34
(2,407 Views)