LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output a preset waveform to DAQ device from Labview

Hi,

We are now doing system integration for our customized biomedical chips and we would like to use NI DAQ device with Labview to generate test signals for the system. The test signals are biosignals pre-recorded in the hospital so it is rather irregular (in the sense that it is not sine wave, square wave or triangle wave...). They are stored in the csv format. I'm not sure how I can load these signals into Labview and send them to the the DAQ device. Can anyone shed a light on this problem?

Thanks,

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,501 Views)

You don't say what version of LabVIEW you are using, don't say what the DAQ Device is, and don't provide any VIs of your own, which would greatly help us to answer the previous two questions and also judge what level of LabVIEW experience you might have.

I'm going to assume you have a DAQ device that is capable of buffered AO, have a fairly modern version of LabVIEW (2015 or 2016), and have some LabVIEW experience.

A .csv file is conveniently read using the Read Delimited Spreadsheet function, which should give you a 2D array of data representing the rows and columns of your file.  Now it is only a matter of writing the DAQ loop to output the waveform(s) represented by the file at an appropriate sampling update rate.  Note you might have multi-channel data in the .csv file (something else you didn't share), so you'll need to decide how you want to handle that.  This shouldn't be a difficult project ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,487 Views)