cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor PXI CPU utilization?

Solved!
Go to solution

sgregor249 wrote:
The RT machine is running a build. We have code to log memory utilization and it doesn't increase prior to the restart.

Squashed like bug! Smiley Tongue

The power cord is not plugged into the last slot on a power strip is it?

Do you get any message on the screen prior to the crash?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 14
(712 Views)

We have 4 PXIs plugged into a power strip. The reason we dont think its the electrical system(other than the power cord and NI Hardware) is that 4 PXIs are plugged into that, and if it was an electrical issue all 4 PXIs would have restrated. It might be plugged into the last slot, why do you ask?

I don'te believe that there any messages that appear. Its an RT box that talks to a host PC via TCP, so there is no screen to see the messages on.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(699 Views)

sgregor249 wrote:

We have 4 PXIs plugged into a power strip. The reason we dont think its the electrical system(other than the power cord and NI Hardware) is that 4 PXIs are plugged into that, and if it was an electrical issue all 4 PXIs would have restrated. It might be plugged into the last slot, why do you ask?

I don'te believe that there any messages that appear. Its an RT box that talks to a host PC via TCP, so there is no screen to see the messages on.

I have seen more than one power strip loose the last socket and the others keep working.

Even the headless RT boxes still send message to the "Console" and these are displayed if you connect a display to the RT box. Normally it is just boot up messages but crashes will sometime give you a message if you have a display connected.

With a display connected you can alos get a display showing the CPU usages but I forget it I had to do something to get the CPU display showing.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(693 Views)

I'll suggest moving the it off the last port on the power strip if it is there.

I got an email back from a local NI rep who provided me a link to some code to programatically monitor CPU usage on an RT target that traces back to 7.0! I just tested it and it worked for 8.5.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4713

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(683 Views)