LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure distance and angle between object with 3d position(x,y,z)?? please help me!!!!!

I am working with Optitrack and Labview to measure distance between trackable object with 3d position(x,y,z).

First question is how do I get distance from these data of position(just x,y,z) between them.

And second is if three object so called A,B,C, how can I get angle between AC and AB?????

I'm newbie with labview.

If you just give me some idea and hint, I will dig all day and night, so please help me!

If there is example about my questions, please le me know.

Thank you so much for your kind reply in advance!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,075 Views)
Hi Shevchango,
I think you just refer the euclidean distance in 3d space...
check this link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclidean_distance..
For angle between three 3d objects i.e AC and AB...Assume these are three vectors in 3d space and use the normal vector rules

regards,
SrikrishnaNF
Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,072 Views)

Thank you so much, srikrishnaNF!!!

Could you please let me know how to apply euclidean distance formula in labview? Should I type this formula all by myself or there is tool for me?

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,069 Views)

Hi Shevchango,

Your question is quite simple.

I'm sure SrikrishnaNF's post will be great help. 

Let me ask another question to you. 

I'm also trying to acquire optitrack 3d data via Labview but at this time

I cannot get any data from Tracking Tools software.

How did you code .VI file to get optitrack data?

Did you refer to the following post?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9171

If so, what version of TrackingTools and LabVIEW are you using?

Or, do you use data streaming technology e.g., NatNet SDK ?

If possible,  could you share your VI file?

Any advise is helpful for me.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

mwu_io

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,037 Views)

HI did you have any luck on getting a working version?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,019 Views)

Did you ever have mathematics courses that included Vectors, and some Trigonometry?

Given three points in 3-D space, A, B, and C, with coordinates x, y, z (such as A = (Ax, Ay, Az)), you can express a Vector going from A to B as B-A, and can express the distance between A and B as the length of this Vector, whose formula you should surely have learned.

If you have two Vectors, call them AB (the Vector going from A to B) and AC, you might remember there is something called a "dot product of two Vectors" that can be easily calculated from the components of the respective Vectors, and can also be expressed as "the Projection of AB on AC" or as "AB x AC x cos (theta)" (where AB is the length of the vector AB and theta is the angle between the two vectors).  I hope you can figure out how to get the angle "theta" (between AB and AC) from this formula which you should already know.

If you haven't learned this yet, go look up Vectors, Vector Length, and Dot Product of two Vectors.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,005 Views)

Hi Bob 

Sorry I was replying to a previous comment of getting optitrack tracking days into LabVIEW. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,995 Views)