LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure digital output of linear actuator on USB 6009?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am a new Labview user and need help with measuring a digital input signal.

I have a Bimba Original Line Electric actuator with an integrated DC motor with encoder, drive, and controller. The drive has a programmable digital output which I have set as a tachometer output that emits 100 square wave pulses per revolution of the motor. I have set the motor to make a total of 56 rev over 22 sec. I want to measure the real-time motor rpm on labview and synchronize it with a few other analog input signals. I wired the actuator to the USB-6009 as shown below.

wiring schematic.png

I opened the USB-6009 Digital I/O test panel and set all the port 0 lines as inputs. However, when I click start and run the actuator, the p0.0 led doesn't blink, as shown below.

test panel.png

Shouldn't the led blink in response to the motor revolutions?

I essentially want to collect the pulse signals from the drive and convert them to rpm on labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,177 Views)

If you are looking to measure the speed, you should be using the Counter.  If you want to look at the pulses with your analog data, I would wire up that digital output to an analog input and add it to your analog input task.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,172 Views)

I rewired the positive drive output from P0.0 to PFI 0 as shown below.

counter wiring.png

Then I ran the counter I/O test panel while running the actuator, but the counter remains at zero. The screenshot is below.

counter test panel.png

Did I wire it correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,154 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahsan2

@ahsan2 wrote:

Did I wire it correctly?

It would help if you did not tie the signal HIGH.  Remove the +5V from the circuit.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(3,146 Views)