LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maximize heat from cRIO fpga for test

Hi,

Any guidance on creating a Labview FPGA program that will make a cRIO FPGA run hot (i.e., lot's of gates switching at high frequency)?

We'd like to see how hot we can get our cRIO for environmental testing.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,419 Views)

Why don't you just create lots of while loops, toggling a boolean in the shift register.  Make as many as will fit.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,386 Views)

Thanks for the idea.  I think I would need hundreds or thousands of while loops but prompted my thinking; I create a huge array and continuously update it in a while loop...

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,360 Views)

Steve,

what is the purpose of your question?

Does it refer to: What is the maximum power consumption of the cRIO (which is most likely emitted as heat)?

Or does it refer to: What is the maximum external temperture cRIO can still work without creating unexpected issues?

In both cases, you should first consult the specifications file of the cRIO as NI states values for both questions.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,358 Views)

I have seen the specs.  We want to see actual results in a test chamber that simulates our operating environment.  We're going to run on a balloon at 40km altitude.  Anyone done similar with a big cRIO (we have a 9082)?  I've seen the white paper from NOAA of the cRIO but it's an older, smaller cRIO.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,352 Views)