LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map 50 pins of SCXI-1302 when I'm using it with SCXI-1600?

Dear NI and LabView Wizards,

I'm using SCXI-1600 to collect data through USB. Since I have one signal which should not be processed, I'd like to use SCXI-1302. But I don't know how to  map the 50 pins in it so that I can get unprocessed signal. Could any of you can give me suggestions or advices?

Best,

Jay 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,786 Views)

Hi Jay-

Are you using the 1302 terminal block with another module?  The 1302 is not specifically made to connect with the SCXI 1600. 

If you are trying to collect multiple lines/channels of data, I would recommend connecting the SCXI chassis to a DAQ card in your computer.  In fact, if you already have a DAQ card, I would just get a breakout box for the DAQ card and gather measurements that way (since it sounds like you are not using signal conditioning).

I hope this helps!  Best of luck with your application!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(2,773 Views)

Jay-

Here is a link to a FAQ on the 1600, in case you haven't already encountered it.  It may help to answer some of your questions.

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,771 Views)

Hi, Gary.

1302 is connected to 1180 and both 1302 and 1180 are put into SCXI-1000. We do want to use the USB instead of DAQ card. I'm still not sure if we can use 1600 with 1302.

Best,

Jay 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,755 Views)

Hi Jay-

Here is an excerpt from the FAQ I linked above:

"The SCXI-1600 may be used instead of an E-Series or M-Series DAQ board for digitizing data obtained through signal conditioning modules in an SCXI chassis. Unlike the multifunction DAQ devices that can also be used for obtaining data from an SCXI chassis, the SCXI-1600 does not have extra unused analog inputs and outputs that can be routed out to an SCXI-1180 Feedthrough Panel for additional acquisition/generation."

The 1600 is used to control other modules in your SCXI 1000.  You cannot connect to it directly using the SCXI-1180 and 1320 combination.  Do you have other modules in your chassis?  If not, you will need to purchase an SCXI module to suit your measurement needs.  Go to the SCXI product page and click on SCXI adviser to get started with configuring your setup.

Best of luck with your setup!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,742 Views)

Hi, Gary.

I have a Chassis (SCXI-1000) in which I put SCXI-1531, SCXI-1180 (with 1302) and SCXI-1600. And I know that 1600 is controlling other modules.

My question was that 1180(1302) can give us unconditioned signal and then 1600 can digitize the unconditioned signal so that we can get the unconditioned, degitized signal from those combinations of 1531, 1180(with 1302), and 1600. 

Best,

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,736 Views)

Jay-

There unfortunately is no way to perform the measurement you are wanting to get with the hardware you have.  Neither the 1531 nor the 1600 have 50 pin connectors that you can connect to using the 1180/1302 combo.  The 1531 will give you conditioned signals and you can only connect to it using BNC connectors.  In order to use the 1180/1302 combo, you have to have an SCXI module with a 50 pin connector.  You don't have a module with the right type of connector.

If you want to get a raw signal and want to continue using SCXI, you will need another SCXI module.  Go to the link I pasted above to configure your SCXI system, and it will walk you through which modules perform certain functions (like raw voltage input).

Best Regards,

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,713 Views)