From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make "Ctrl + q" not quiting a running application.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I've made several applications using LabView 2014/15, but have not been aware of the function "Qtrl + q" quiting the application.

Is there a way to stopp this from quiting an runing application?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,103 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sjeggefjes

In your built application, you cand remove the menu bar.  Or you can edit menu bar as necessary.  Remove the shortcut.

You can edit the menu bar in the LabVIEW development environment.  Look at Tools >>  Options >> Menu Shortcuts

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,089 Views)

Are you talking about in the IDE?  The shortcuts in LabVIEW can be customized by going to Tools >> Options... and then under the Menu Shortcuts you can change or remove the shortcut so it no longer requests an Exit.

If you are talking in an EXE, I've just tested a couple EXEs I have and this command doesn't cause it to quit.  I'm guessing it has to do with the default run-time menu, which can be removed, or customized by going to Edit >> Run-Time Menu from the source.  It can be hidden entirely by going to the VI Properties (CTRL+I) and customize the Window Appearance to not show the menu bar.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,087 Views)

Tanks for the quick reply 🙂

As an additional question: do I have to do this in every sub vi or is it enough to do it in the main vi?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,018 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,005 Views)