cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make file folder structure from virtual folders

Solved!
Go to solution

lv 2013 sp1

This is the layout of an example project, (please don't mind the horrible naming)

project structure.PNG

When i create a source distribution.. no matter what settings I try, the preview is always like this:

preview1.PNG

But I want the folder structure from the build to become as the virtual folder structure. is there any way of doing this without moving them by hand in the file explorer tab?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,536 Views)

Unless you use auto-populating folders (which I don't like), the virtual folders are not meant to reflect the location on disk, so it certainly won't be automatic.

I don't have experience with source distribution, but other build types have the option of configuring destination folders in the Destinations category and then assigning these destinations to items in the projects (including virtual folders, which then takes all the elements inside it) either in the same category or in the one under it, I can't check. I expect that you can do the same in a source distribution.

(2,533 Views)

could you please provide an example of this, I only see three options, "Destination directory", "same as caller" and "Support directory". 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,524 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mersdal

When you go to Destination you can see " + " and " - " symbol at the bottom of the list box, you can use it to add folders. Then go to the Soource File setting and do the addition settings.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 5
(2,521 Views)

Thanks, it is not automatic, but really saves my ass in organizing the files on disk. I did not see that button before.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,515 Views)