LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a row of Table Boolean True When Condition is Met

I want a table that if all the condition in the row is true then the row turns green

Such as:

|___x>1?__|___x>2?__|__x>3?___|___x>4?__|

|_____2___|______3__|______4__|_____5___|          <-----Turn this whole row green           

|_____2___|______3__|______4__|_____3___|          <-----Row does not turn Green

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,593 Views)

@ghan07 wrote:

I want a table that if all the condition in the row is true then the row turns green

Such as:

|___x>1?__|___x>2?__|__x>3?___|___x>4?__|

|_____2___|______3__|______4__|_____5___|          <-----Turn this whole row green           

|_____2___|______3__|______4__|_____3___|          <-----Row does not turn Green

Good for you!  I want a table that folds up small enough to fit in the trunk of my car.  And we both have the same options.  We can build our own or pay someone to do it for us.  Lucky for you, if you show us what you have so far, we can help you build it.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,563 Views)

Do you believe what you just wrote is condescending?

I'm sure you are going to reply saying something about me asking things for to be done and not doing any work for myself. Your comment could have been rewritten where the first part of your comment could be avoided.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,555 Views)

I wouldn't consider that comment condescending.  I'd consider it sarcastic.  Maybe it sounded kind of harsh, but I think it got the point across.

The problem is you are coming here for help, but we can't help you if you haven't shown any work and where you are stuck.  Otherwise it just comes across as you wanting someone to do your work for you, which we don't do.

You may want to look at

http://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask

To help solve your problem, start considering the actions you'd have to take in code.  You'd loop over elements, check there status.  And IF certain conditions are met, then you take an action like change a color of a row on a table.

Then begin implementing that in LabVIEW code.

If you get stuck there, then return with what you've accomplished, point out where you are still having problems, then you will get direct help.

Message 4 of 10
(3,543 Views)

try for loop processing with conditional statements...similiar to this hereSmiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,531 Views)

Where is the Table Control located?

By the way when a guy says "Good for you" do you really thinks he means it or saying it in a sarcasm way?

You know he's being a d* word. 

Like I said all that first part of the comment could have not be said and request me to reword my question in a way I show what I have done so far.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,530 Views)

Thank you apok

Though where is the Table Control? I tried to do a search but wasn't listed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,527 Views)

Right click on the front panel to get your palette.  It is under the category  "List, Table & Tree"

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,496 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Right click on the front panel to get your palette.  It is under the category  "List, Table & Tree"

i assumed he knew that according to his png showing "table control". Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,474 Views)

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, but if you're a student, I want you to actually learn something, so if you happen to displace me (or someone like me), it's because you actually know your stuff and earned that spot.

If you're a developer, I'm certainly not going to provide you code for free and you get paid for using it.

This is a self-help forum.  We aim to help you do things for yourself.  And we will try to help until either we have helped you to a solution or you give up.

If you want someone to do it for you, then you either hire someone or get NI Support on the phone.  (I guess you have to pay either way.)

Believe it or not, I do enjoy helping people, and if my drive home didn't take two hours on top of a nine hour day, I would have been helping you, myself.  As it is, it's almost 9pm here and I just got home about 1/2 hr ago.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 10 of 10
(3,463 Views)