LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a program to play a sound

Do I even need the sound info? The more I look at it, the more I think that it is not necessary. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(514 Views)

You will need the sound task ID in  a shift register also, but you don't get it from the boolean.

You should also wire up your error terminals.

I don't want to give you the solution to your homework, but this should give you enough ideas to get started.  It shows a way to take the boolean logic of the past true/false with the new true/false value, converted to a number so that you can use it for 3 or 4 different cases.  (4 boolean conditions, but the True to True, and False to False are the same, they just do nothing.)

You don't need the sound info unless you want to show whether it is running or not on the screen.

Do you need to restart the wave file in the event the condition remains true longer than the sound file?  If so, you'll need the sound info and add some logic to handle that case.

Message 12 of 14
(512 Views)

Ok thank you very much, I was able to get the program to do what I want. Although the program still has a few problems. I think after break I will just go and ask someone so they can show me first hand, it seems really hard to do this on a forum. Thanks for all your help!

P.S... This isn't homework, just a project me and my friends are trying to do..My teachers aren't mean enough to assign us homework that we don't understand yet haha. Also I might come back to this discussion board if I have ore questions! Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(505 Views)

I leave an example that can provide, use it in your program

Message 14 of 14
(467 Views)