LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a decoration not clickable?

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to put a decoration over a button, but decoration blocks button's hitbox. Is there a way to solve that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,776 Views)

We're going to need a bit more information... but a place you might want to start is looking at the Z-order

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/changingtheorderoffpanelob/

Edit:  To clarify, by "more information" I mean what are you trying to do?  I can't think of a good reason to place a decoration OVER a button - which means there is likely a better way to accomplish your goal.  Please post your code or the VI you are working on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,766 Views)

Most of the time, a decoration is placed over a control in order to do just that, prevent interaction.  If you are wanting to change the icon on a button, right click the control, click Advanced -> Customize.  This will let you add decoration that is part of the button and doesn't interfere with its operation. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 3 of 7
(3,746 Views)

Do you want to customize control (is that you wanted to achieve?)

If Yes you can customize and save as a control file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,710 Views)

I often use decoration on my Front Panel, like a piping diagram to aid the GUI. In such case after placing the png picture on the FP, I need to bring other "active" LV components to front for example...

Select your button or other object. Go to "Reorder" --> Move To Front:

fcsdfds.png

edit: when you place a decoration on the top of your existing button, obviously just select your decoration itself, and click on "Move To Back"...

Message 5 of 7
(3,697 Views)

I want to customize my buttons thats why Im putting an object over a button, I didnt share the vi because I thought it was a just a general question, I couldn't do it with Advanced -> Customize tooButtonIcon.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,659 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aaa_aaa

A Jing is worth at least 1000 words

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 7 of 7
(3,656 Views)